Submitted by Kelli2507!
| || |
| POINTS® Value: 6 |
Preparation Time: 12 min
Cooking Time: 16 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
|These sesame-teriyaki burgers are super flavorful — even more so when topped with grilled scallions. They'll make a super addition to your July 4th.|
| || |
|1 1/4 pound(s) lean ground turkey|
| ||1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp minced garlic|
| ||1 tsp sesame oil|
| ||1/4 cup(s) teriyaki sauce|
|1/4 cup(s) scallion(s), chopped|
| ||2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, finely chopped|
|1 large egg white(s)|
| ||2 spray(s) cooking spray|
|8 medium scallion(s), root ends trimmed|
| ||4 item(s) reduced-calorie hamburger roll(s)|
- Preheat a grill (or grill pan) to medium-high; cover to maintain heat
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, teriyaki sauce, chopped scallions, cilantro and egg white; mix thoroughly with your hands or a spoon.
- Make 4 burgers, about 3 1/2-inches across and 3/4-inches wide.
- Place burgers on a nonstick baking tray; coat with cooking spray. Flip burgers and coat other side with cooking spray.
- Place burgers on heated grill (or grill pan) and cook, flipping once, until fully cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. A few minutes before burgers are done, place whole scallions on center of grill and cook, turning once, until bright green and charred, about 2 minutes.
- Remove burgers and scallions to a plate; lightly toast rolls on grill. Serve each burger on a roll topped with 2 scallions.