Friday, April 9, 2010

Teriyaki Turkey Burgers

Submitted by Kelli2507!









main meals


POINTS® Value: 6
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 12 min
Cooking Time: 16 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
These sesame-teriyaki burgers are super flavorful — even more so when topped with grilled scallions. They'll make a super addition to your July 4th.




Ingredients


1 1/4 pound(s) lean ground turkey

1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, finely chopped
1 Tbsp minced garlic

1 tsp sesame oil

1/4 cup(s) teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup(s) scallion(s), chopped

2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, finely chopped
1 large egg white(s)

2 spray(s) cooking spray
8 medium scallion(s), root ends trimmed

4 item(s) reduced-calorie hamburger roll(s)

Instructions

  • Preheat a grill (or grill pan) to medium-high; cover to maintain heat

  • In a large bowl, combine turkey, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, teriyaki sauce, chopped scallions, cilantro and egg white; mix thoroughly with your hands or a spoon.

  • Make 4 burgers, about 3 1/2-inches across and 3/4-inches wide.

  • Place burgers on a nonstick baking tray; coat with cooking spray. Flip burgers and coat other side with cooking spray.

  • Place burgers on heated grill (or grill pan) and cook, flipping once, until fully cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. A few minutes before burgers are done, place whole scallions on center of grill and cook, turning once, until bright green and charred, about 2 minutes.

  • Remove burgers and scallions to a plate; lightly toast rolls on grill. Serve each burger on a roll topped with 2 scallions.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I've been a total slacker and general lazy pants regarding this whole WW thing. I'm finally sick of it. My motto is "stop complaining and do something about it," so that's what I'm doing. I just need to get through the initial 2 weeks of feeling like I want to gnaw off my arm because I'm so hungry. I don't NEED those extra calories, so I can do this, right? Right?

    ReplyDelete